Category : Retail News
- Accepting credit cards legitimizes your business.
By displaying the logos of the credit cards you accept at your point of sale, register or website, you grab cardholders’ attention and give them a sense of trust in your business. They trust these credit card brands enough to carry them in their wallets, and that trust transfers to the merchants who accept them.
- Accepting credit cards can boost sales.
When you take your business from a cash-only operation to one that accepts credit and debit cards, your potential customer base broadens significantly. The more customers you attract, the more likely you are to make additional sales.
- Accepting credit cards helps level the playing field with your competition.
Your competitors are already accepting credit cards. To stay profitable and competitive, you need to offer the same service.
- Credit cards encourage impulse buying.
Shoppers like being able to complete transactions quickly and easily without having to write a check or run to the ATM, which limit their expenditures to their available funds. Studies have indicated that customers tend to spend more when they’re paying with credit cards, especially in regards to impulse purchases.
- Accepting credit cards can improve your cash flow.
Credit card transactions are processed electronically and settled quickly, with proceeds typically deposited into your bank account quickly and efficiently. This means no more waiting for checks to clear, no more billing and waiting to collect from your customers, and less cash to handle.
- Accepting credit cards is crucial if you do business online.
The majority of transactions on the internet are paid for with credit cards. If you are an e-commerce merchant, accepting credit cards is essential for your business.
- Accepting credit cards eliminates the risk of accepting a bad check.
One bounced check can take a big chunk out of your profit for the day, not to mention valuable time wasted tracking down the customer to make good on the sale. Credit card transactions are screened as they are processed to reduce the risk of fraud. You can also rely on a reputable merchant services provider like ZIPZAP® to deliver secure credit card processing that helps protect you and your customers from data breach and identity theft.
- Credit cards are convenient for customers. Consumers want to choose the method of payment that’s most convenient and beneficial for them. Credit cards are not only easy to use in a variety of capacities, but many cards offer points, mileage, or rewards that further encourage the cardholder to use their credit cards whenever making a purchase.
- Accepting credit cards is a relatively inexpensive business expense.
Credit card processing is a highly-competitive industry. Credit card processing rates are affordable, allowing businesses of all sizes to accept credit cards. Many merchants discover that the increase in sales generated by accepting credit cards often offset the costs involved, making a merchant account an excellent return on investment.
- Getting set up to accept credit cards is quick and easy.
At RRBS, we can process your merchant account application immediately and have you ready to process credit card sales within 48 hours.