Restaurant Online Ordering Stats
Category : POS Software
Online Ordering is an indisputable force in the restaurant world. Not only does it provide an additional stream of revenue for restaurants (for many significant), it is completely reshaping the way restaurants connect with their customers.
Let’s take a look at how impactful online ordering is for restaurants:
The Online Ordering Landscape
According to NPD Group, more delivery orders will soon be placed online than over the phone and QSR Web found that digital restaurant ordering is growing 300 percent faster than dine-in traffic. Despite this fact, six out of 10 small businesses are not online.
Who Is Ordering Online?
- 79 percent of Millennials (ages 18-34) have ordered takeout via a website or app, which is 29 percent more than the older U.S. adult population (ages 45+). (orderTalk)
- When Millennials order from restaurants, they’re dining in just 42% of the time. Other restaurant visits are made up of takeout (40%) and delivery (19%). (Restaurant Business Online)
Give Us The ROI Stats
In a study commissioned by GrubHub, they found that restaurants using an online ordering service were able to grow their takeout revenue by 30%.
Let’s look a little further into the ROI:
- 67% of customers who have placed an order online will visit the restaurant more frequently versus those who have not. (PMQ)
- The average online pizza order is 18% higher than orders by phone. (Pizza Sales)
- 34% of diners say they usually pay up to $50 per order when ordering food online. The average spend per person in a full-service restaurant averages $16–30. (7 Shifts)
- More restaurant concepts in the coming years will be designed specifically for delivery, automation and mobile ordering, says Euromonitor International. (QSR)
- This trend is likely to continue, with only 39% of millennials saying they believe they’ll have more time to cook in the future. (Restaurant Business Online)
Starvin Marvin online ordering platform provides your business with a web presence optimized for both desktop and mobile browsers. Using custom menus created through the Revel management console, product, inventory, and order information syncs seamlessly both in-store and online. To encourage return visits, your customers can create accounts to store loyalty program information, gift card data as well as secure, tokenized credit card information for repeat purchases.